Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

the one on the right is a flash player and it doesn't run until you click on it. The other one, on the left, is a wmp player and its that one that starts right away.

What happens in a test profile?

Thanks Peter,

What happens, happens pretty fast. I do appreciate your help. If you have figured this out, and so I can deal with this in the future, were you saying in your previous post to hit F11 as soon as I see the opening web page to stop the WMP version from starting? That might be helpful if I ever visit this site again (not likely) but not if I stubble on another web site that does the same thing without my anticipation or and without warning.

Beyond this specific example, once a video starts, as this one does, how to stop it without shutting down? Losing control over the computer is my principal concern.

No. I have not created a test profile yet. I am hoping someone knows how to defeat an "attacking" video.

Thanks for your help.