Eric Meurville wrote:

I also received a new computer under Vista. After the migration of the profiles and of the mails, Seamonkey opens correctly, but it is so slow that it is absolutely unusable (e.g. few minutes to move a mail from a directory to another). Do you have some clues explaining and solving the problem? Moreover, I am not able to send any mails (SMTP error) in spite of the fact the configuration is exactly the same as on the previous XP computer.

You will probably find that port 25 is blocked by the Vista firewall.

I've kept well away from Vista ... we are just trying to get it off a Sony laptop at the moment. Customer gave it 3 months but has had enough :)

Lester Caine - G8HFL
Contact -
L.S.Caine Electronic Services -
EnquirySolve -