Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
System is Win98 se and SM 1.1.14
Recently (since upgrading to 1.1.14) on some web pages I have had
the following:
1) I hover over a #type link internal to the page and a little window
pops up showing a miniaturized contents at the link. Or over the tab
for a covered tab window and see a miniature of the covered window.
2) I hover over a highlighted keyword on the page and a little
advertisement pops up, which usually has link button for 'more info'

The events in 1) don't bother me much the events in 2) do.
Are those ghostly advertisements an indication of some malware that's
taken up residence in my system, or are they Javascripts that have
been included in the web page code?
E.g. on
I get an ad hovering over Windows98 and a few other spots.

How can I stop these ghosts?

1. is a built in advanced tooltip. If you want to get rid of it, type in about:config and look for this entry:

once found, double click on it and change it to false.

2. has more to do with built in advertising for the website. It can be very annoying. There is a script to get rid of it, but I can't find it right now. Do you have a certain site that has this in it, maybe I can find it that way.

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.