John Doue wrote:

BTW, where are changes made through about:config stored? I thought it might be user.js but it does not seem to be the case.

user.js is used when you manually add the changes to that file.

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.