Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:30:11 -0800, /flyguy/:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

GUI controls appearance is generally inherited from the underlying graphic desktop environment. If you want the font of the menus larger, just adjust it through the Display Appearance (Advanced) settings of your Windows Desktop. You may also adjust the "Message Box" font as it controls the appearance of the text in other than menu GUI controls.

I do the same for Win XP, using Display Properties > Appearance > Advanced:

Message Box: sets text size in SM's email left pane (folders) and the Header pane (sender, subject, date, etc). Tahoma 10 works for me.

Menu: sets text size for the File Edit View etc menu along the top of the SM windows and in the drop-down list for the menu items. Tahoma 10 works for me.

Icon: doesn't seem to affect anything in SM, but it does increase the text size in Windows Explorer nicely (Windows Explorer, not IE).

These are some style rules I've put in my "userChrome.css" to make the classic theme blend better with the Windows desktop:

window { font: icon !important; }
dialog, wizard, page { font: message-box !important; }
button, toolbar, .toolbar-holder, toolbarbutton, tree { font: inherit
!important; }
statusbar, tooltip { font: status-bar !important; }
statusbar, tab, treecol, toolbarbutton { color: ButtonText !important; }
toolbarbutton[disabled=true] { color: GrayText !important; }

.msgNotificationBar {
 background-color: InfoBackground !important;
 color: InfoText !important;
 font: status-bar !important;
}

These will cause more of your "Display Properties > Appearance > Advanced" settings used in the look of SeaMonkey.

--
Stanimir