u...@domain.invalid wrote:
I have a large mail map of 3.9GB whereof the Inbox is 2.3GB, located on
a FAT32 file system.

The problem is that the index file no longer does update automatic.
Trying to view new incoming messages, shows the text content of some
legacy old messages.

Selecting Inbox > Properties > Rebuild index does fix the index problem
temporary, until new messages are received.

Suggestions how to fix this index problem?

Rgds,
Terje

close the program and delete the *.msf file for that account. Restart SM, then click on that folder, it should rebuild now.

You might want to move some of messages out of that folder and separate that into some smaller folders.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm