Fred Hare wrote:
Using Seamonkey 1.14 and Win XP SP3

Have a desktop link to a musik station using WinAmp, and it works OK:
C:\Programs\Winamp\winamp.exe http://68.181.156.19:8000/kuscaudio128.mp3
I want to use this link from my homepage, but SM does not allow it.

In a message by Ralph Fox "Thunderbird doesn't open local file links" about a week ago in mozilla.support.thunderbird I saw:

See  http://kb.mozillazine.org/Links_to_local_pages_do_not_work.

 From there I copied (and edited) the following lines to my user.js:

user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "localfilelinks");
user_pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.sites","file:///D:/MyHomepage.htm"); user_pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.checkloaduri.enabled","allAccess");

I started SM and opened about:config but it does not show any of the added preferences. And links to local pages still yield an error.

I closed SM and opened prefs.js in a text editor. The 3 lines had been added correctly to prefs.js but they are ignored by SM.

Has anybody an explanation?

-- Fred

when you add anything to user.js, you need to restart SM for the lines to be added correctly