Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:45:07 -0700, /Fred Hare/:

Have a desktop link to a musik station using WinAmp, and it works OK:
C:\Programs\Winamp\winamp.exe http://68.181.156.19:8000/kuscaudio128.mp3
I want to use this link from my homepage, but SM does not allow it.

Desktop shortcuts and hyperlinks in web-pages are different things. You generally cannot link executable files from within web-pages, moreover specifying command-line arguments.

In a message by Ralph Fox "Thunderbird doesn't open local file links" about a week ago in mozilla.support.thunderbird I saw:

See  http://kb.mozillazine.org/Links_to_local_pages_do_not_work.

The given article describes a different issue. What you could do is link directly the resource http://68.181.156.19:8000/kuscaudio128.mp3 and let it open with whatever helper application is configured to. You could also create an .m3u file listing only the given resource (just save the play list from Winamp), link to that .m3u file and configure your SeaMonkey to open it with Winamp.

I added "audio\mpeg" => "open with winamp" to helper applications. No joy. It still just downloads the stream and does not open and play in WinAmp. I will try to create and use a .m3u file tonight.

But I still do not know why the user.js strings from MozillaZine
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Links_to_local_pages_do_not_work
do not show in my about:config ...
--
Fred