Using Seamonkey 1.14 and Win XP SP3

Have a desktop link to a musik station using WinAmp, and it works OK:
I want to use this link from my homepage, but SM does not allow it.

In a message by Ralph Fox "Thunderbird doesn't open local file links" about a week ago in I saw:

From there I copied (and edited) the following lines to my user.js:

user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "localfilelinks");

I started SM and opened about:config but it does not show any of the added preferences. And links to local pages still yield an error.

I closed SM and opened prefs.js in a text editor. The 3 lines had been added correctly to prefs.js but they are ignored by SM.

Has anybody an explanation?

-- Fred