Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
Before anyone starts.

I am asking a question. I've quit giving support for Mac SeaMonkey. Because I've told one too many time to shove it, Mac support is unwelcome nor desired.

again, thats not true.  Its all in your mind

Question: I've had this problem from time to time but its years since I have had the problem:

In my list of news Servers there is one that get regenerated called news and email address is shown as User invalid. I've tried to figure out what components in the Pref.js file to to delete. I've tried figuring out using both a text editor or the built in config editor. And I tried going to account wizard and killing the account named News.

I am using SM 1.1.14 but I've had this on going problem from time to tie every since the first version of Mozilla came out.

You would think after about 10 years some one would come up with a way to prevent this from happening.

I'd like to fix. all it is annoying but. with My age and patience. I can't abide annoyances.

Once this question is answered; I'll get off the list and leave it to the PC only crowd.

click on Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, select the account, and look under Server Settings, then on the bottom right, you will see Local Directory. Copy that. Now, remove the server. Close SM, then look in the profile and remove all the left over files and folders for that account. Now, in prefs.js look for the Local Directory and remove all the lines associated to that.

 Thanks I'll see if I can figure out.
I'll copy these instructions.

--
Phillip M. Jones, CET If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! http://www.vpea.org http://www.phillipmjones.net