Rick Merrill wrote:
Well, maybe not stolen but IE8 has forced its logo
on all the URL links in my computer.  Now SM 1.14 is
the "default browser" and SM launches when I click on
any 'internet shortcut'.   But all the internet shortcuts
sport the IE logo!

Internet shortcuts do not have a "change icon" in their
properties, so how do I get the icon back?

close SM, open IE and click on Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, and down at the bottom, make IE the default. OK your way out. Then open SM, it will ask if you want to make it the default. Say yes. Close SM and open it once more. Now take a look at the icons. Did it change back?