laurie erwin wrote:

I've been using Sea Monkey for sending and receiving E-mail for about
three years (ever since Netscape 7.2 quit on me) and never had a problem
until now. On Thursday, Mar. 5, Sea Monkey quit sending my messages.
That day, I received a surprise Error Message, "Enter your password for
laurie.er...@sympatico.ca on pophm.sympatico.ca". I do not recall ever
having done this before and did not know that I had a password. Another
Error Message said, "Sending of message failed. The message could not be
sent because connecting to SMTP server smtphm.sympatico.ca failed. ..."
For a few days, I could still receive E-mail with Sea Monkey but now
that has failed and the Error message for that is, "Could not connect to
server pophm.sympatico.ca; the connection was refused."

When the problem first occurred on Thursday, a technician with my
Service Provider spent two hours with me on the telephone. He was able
to take control of my cursor and tried many things but was unable to fix
the problem. Towards the end of that period, after consulting with his
superior he informed me that Sympatico did not support Sea Monkey and
after putting me onto Outlook Express, he was happily off the hook. I
recall they did the same thing three years ago when I was forced to give
up my Netscape and adopt Sea Monkey.

I would like to get Sea Monkey back. I am sending this call for help
through Outlook Express but Sea Monkey has three years of history and
addresses and I want it back. I will be 85 on March 19 and although I
have been using a computer for 20 years I am no geek. I am more of a
chauffeur than I am a mechanic.
Thank you.
Laurie Erwin,
Toronto

If OE is working and SeaMonkey is not, one wonders if there may be a firewall issue? Is the browser still able to pull up web pages?

If so, its probably not a firewall issue. The answer would be to compare your settings in OE, and make sure that SeaMonkey is set up the same way. If a Sympatico user pops in here, you may get some more specific help.

Lee