u...@domain.invalid wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
terje wrote:
flyguy wrote:
terje wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
terje wrote:
Hello,

Using SeaMonkey 1.1.14 email client, I tried to save a MS created
rich message as .eml file. The messages contained embedded images
which first was displayed correct in SM. But after saving to
file.eml and loading the file in SM next, there was only a text
reference ole0.bmp and the image was gone. Tried also to force
file type .html without more success.

How to possibly save a rich message with embedded images to a file
with images correctly? Isn't that possible?

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen
when saving, try clicking on the drop down and save as html, then
don't forget to remove the eml from the name.  Did that work?

I expect you mean what I already also had tried:
SM File>Save as>File
Save as type: Dropdown - html
and remove eml from the name

1) No; opening this file.html from Seamonkey or from Firefox holds
only a text reference ole0.bmp and no image visible.

2) The same happends if I right click on file.html or file.eml and
select Open with>Seamonkey from the context menu.

3) But I found out one way it works:
If I spesifically starts the Semonkey Email client and use
File>Open_File and select file.eml, then the image is displayed
correct in the message.

The task still is to save it as a file.html so that it can be loaded
in a web browser or OpenOffice.org to export it as pdf.
If you use a free PDF printer driver like CutePDF (cutepdf.com), you
can "print" directly to PDF from SM, or from any other program that
can print, for that matter.
Yes, I forgot that option which I use sometimes. As I already had
Adobe Acrobat 5 on Windows (icluded Destiller and PDFWriter), I tested
the latter from SM on Windows and it worked.

But on Linux? I just installed PDFedit, but it doesn't look to work
like a printer, just as a standalone application. Maybe Cups-pdf is a
workable solution?

But of interest, can't also Seamonkey write to PDF files in the same
way that Firefox does?
FF isn't an email program, and no it doesn't write to pdf file.  Either
you have a FF addon installed, or you have something installed to your OS

If this really is from an installed FF addon, I can't remember it(?)
File > Print > Print to file
 select 'Print to file' output format PDF (instead of PS default)

By the way, here is a screen shot
http://bildr.no/view/360253

as I said, if you didn't install a FF addon, then it comes part of the Operating System, or you installed a program, such as cutePDF, that does that.

Further, as I said, the printing is not done by SM or FF. Its controlled by the OS. When you click on File, Print, the window that pops up is coming from the Operating System, not SM or FF.

More likely the window manager. Unlike Windows, Linux readily allows a choice of WM to suit your preferences.

Yes, I have heard that someone found a way to use KDE on Windows, not clear if it's really just the look and feel and libraries or if it really gets the default WM out.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>