> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 05:50:24 -0400
> From: David Bernier <david...@videotron.ca>
> To: support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
> Subject: "Address Not Found"  after upgrade
>
> I used Ubuntuzilla (a script program) to upgrade to SeaMonkey 1.1.15
> from 1.1.12 .
>
> Now, SeaMonkey 1.1.15  is installed, but no page on the World Wide Web
> loads.
> However, Firefox is working fine.  Maybe SeaMonkey doesn't know the DNS
> server
> to contact ...
>
> I think I'd need to know how to find the DNS server(s), and how to set
> up SeaMonkey
> so that it knows this.

David:

Does www.sun.com load?  www.hp.com?  www.ibm.com?  If so, then the problem is
the OTHER guy's DNS servers.  If not...

Actually, Seamonkey doesn't need to know how to access DNS.  That is a
service provided by the OS.

Do you have a file /etc/resolv.conf?  If not, you need to make one.  It
has entries like:

domain example.com
nameserver 12.34.56
nameserver 23.45.67
nameserver 34.56.78

You will have to find out the IP addresses of the ISP's nameservers
from your ISP.

If you DO have a resolv.conf file, you should check to see if it has
the correct IPs.

If you DO have a resolv.conf with the correct entries, what does a

nslookup www.sun.com

Return?  It should look like this:

metis% nslookup www.sun.com
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    www.sun.com
Address:  72.5.124.61

If you get an error saying like "...timed out...", then the problem is
your firewall.  You'll need to open port 53 for TCP AND UDP...

Hope this helps.

> User-Agent string is:
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8.1.21)
> Gecko/20090303 SeaMonkey/1.1.15
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Bernier

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
                                        | Direct:   408.569.7928

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
stand ready to do violence on their behalf -- George Orwell

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  -- Thomas Jefferson