In <news:6eydncrkfbgaelvunz2dnuvz_jewn...@mozilla.org>,
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> David E. Ross wrote:
>
> > I also looked at the quality of the HTML in HTML-formatted messages.
> > The mean number of errors reported by <http://validator.w3.org/>
> > was 9.1 errors per KB of file size.
>
> but for the average person sending an email, this means
> nothing.

That's true, unfortunately.  The problems are only encountered on the
receiving end.

A few months ago, there was a start to an effort to standardize some
subset of html tags for use in e-mail, but I don't know if it got any
traction.  As it is now, html mails sent with one client (usually)
display ok if the receiver uses the same client, whereas with
text/plain all the clients are interoperable.

[followup set to mozilla.general]

--
»Q«