> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:05:37 -0700
> From: Mark Hansen <m...@nospamwinfirst.com>
> Subject: Re: HTML and text
> To: support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
>
> [...]
>
> No good reason to ever send both? What if you're sending a message to
> a group of people, some of whom read only plain text, and some of whom
> appreciate HTML e-mail?

HTML readers CAN read plain text.  It just shows up as... text with no
bells and whistles.

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
                                        | Direct:   408.569.7928

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
stand ready to do violence on their behalf -- George Orwell

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  -- Thomas Jefferson