On 04/22/09 15:07, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Mark Hansen wrote:
>> I realize this sounds strange, but I'm really just wondering
>> if anyone else is seeing it.
>>
>> I'm running SeaMonkey 1.1.16 on both Linux (CentOS 5.2) and Windows
>> (XP SP3) and on both, since upgrading SeaMonkey to 1.1.16 (from
>> 1.1.13) a few times per day, a single click on something is seen
>> as a double click.
>>
>> For example, I run the Mail and Newsgroup client in the three frame
>> view, where it shows the tree view on the left, the list of messages
>> across the top and the message preview pane along the bottom.
>>
>> At times, when I click on a message in the list view, not only is
>> the message selected, but it is opened in a new window - just as
>> though I had double-clicked on it.
>>
>> Also, at times when I click on, say, a news group in the tree view,
>> a new Mail and Newsgroup application window is opened, as though I
>> had double clicked on it.
>>
>> I've since been very, very careful to be sure that I'm not double-
>> clicking, but still it happens a few times a day on both platforms.
>>
>> It's not the double-click speed of the mouse, as that says how long
>> of a delay between single clicks is allowed for the set of clicks
>> to be interpreted as a double-click. In my case, I'm only clicking
>> the mouse once.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> are you using the same box for both windows and linux?
> If so, then get a new mouse. If not, then what have you
> got running in the background of both computers?  I had
> that once and it turned out to be a hidden windows
> program running in the background.  I disabled it and
> things went back to normal.

Two separate work stations. I am using the same model mouse on
both machines, but I've been using it for about 6 months now
with no problems (until upgrading to SeaMonkey 1.1.16).

Both machines have lots of things running in the background,
as is the way with both Windows and Linux. Nothing is running
that I would suspect as causing any problems. Nothing new in
any case (except, again, SeaMonkey 1.1.16).

I guess I can go back to 1.1.13 and see if the problem goes away.

Is anyone else seeing this?