Mark Hansen wrote:
On 05/10/09 20:09, Michael Gordon wrote:
Charles Milton Ling replied On 5/10/2009 7:10 PM

[ snip ]

Most likely not. It is possible that while uninstalling SeaMonkey something changed the default browser back to Explorer, look in Control Panel/Internet Options/Programs and see if SeaMonkey is selected. If not make the change there.

Interesting. I'm running Windows/XP Pro with SP3, and that dialog
does not allow me to set the default browser. It includes controls
to select programs to use for the following services:

- HTML editor
- E-mail
- Newsgroups
- Internet call
- Calendar
- Contact list

There is a checkbox which says:

  "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser"

but nothing here to set the default browser to SeaMonkey. Are you thinking
that "HTML editor" is Microsoft-speak for default browser?

As I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1, things are presumably quite different here.