Rick wrote:
Hi,
I had to re install everything incl. SeaMonkey but, I backed up everything before I started. How do I restore my inbox?

thanks,
Rick

Exit from SM before doing any of the following.

Find the folder in which your current (new, and presumably empty) inbox is located, and copy your saved inbox (filename = inbox) to that folder, replacing the existing (new, empty) inbox.

(There's also a file inbox.msf which I understand to be an index file for inbox. Let's let someone more expert than I confirm - but so far as I know, you should delete the "inbox.msf" file from your new folder, and SM will automatically regenerate it when you open your inbox.)

The inbox folder location depends on your operating system and choices you made when you installed SM. In my case, it's in "Local Folders" under "Mail" under my "xxxxxxxx.slt" folder. If you don't use the global inbox, it could be in a folder named for your ISP, again under the "Mail" folder.

Back up anything you're about to delete or overwrite, just in case.

Regards, Rob L

--
Rob Lindauer - Please change "att" to "sbc" for my real email address