Daniel wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
John wrote:
Rob Lindauer wrote:
Rick wrote:
Hi,
I had to re install everything incl. SeaMonkey but, I backed up everything before I started. How do I restore my inbox?

thanks,
Rick

Exit from SM before doing any of the following.

Find the folder in which your current (new, and presumably empty) inbox is located, and copy your saved inbox (filename = inbox) to that folder, replacing the existing (new, empty) inbox.

(There's also a file inbox.msf which I understand to be an index file for inbox. Let's let someone more expert than I confirm - but so far as I know, you should delete the "inbox.msf" file from your new folder, and SM will automatically regenerate it when you open your inbox.)

The inbox folder location depends on your operating system and choices you made when you installed SM. In my case, it's in "Local Folders" under "Mail" under my "xxxxxxxx.slt" folder. If you don't use the global inbox, it could be in a folder named for your ISP, again under the "Mail" folder.

Back up anything you're about to delete or overwrite, just in case.

Regards, Rob L

I have a similiar problem but, I can not find anything called "inbox.*"

I have two files:
C:\Documents and Settings\RAY\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gt6bfqi6.slt\Mail\pop.scarlet.be\inbox
and
C:\Documents and Settings\RAY\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gt6bfqi6.slt\Mail\pop.scarlet.be\inbox.msf

Ray, the second file, the inbox.msf file, is an index file of the first file. It is the first file, inbox (without the suffix bit), that actually contains your received e-mails.

You can delete the inbox.msf file and the next time you go to your mail account, a new, up-to-date, inbox.msf file will be created. Some even advocate deleting your inbox.msf file if you are having problems with your mail.

If you delete your inbox (without the suffix), you are deleting the actual email messages.

HTH

Daniel
Thank, but i knowed that ..My posting was just to show where my inbox is located because john said : "I can not find anything called "inbox.*"