Ray_Net wrote:
John wrote:
Karl Anderson wrote:
Rick wrote:

I had to re install everything incl. SeaMonkey but, I backed up everything before I started. How do I restore my inbox?

There are extensive instructions in the Mozillazine kb about migrating your profile including explanations of what's in all the files you find in your profile
Thanks to all of you who responded. I think that I had saved the wrong file and so all the fixes mentioned above would not work. I think that I needed to save the folder Mozilla.org and not Seamonkey.

Thanks again,
As i said ... your inbox is here:
I have two files:
C:\Documents and Settings\RAY\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gt6bfqi6.slt\Mail\pop.scarlet.be\inbox
C:\Documents and Settings\RAY\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gt6bfqi6.slt\Mail\pop.scarlet.be\inbox.msf

AND mozilla.org have nothing to do with your inbox mozilla.org.
mozilla.org is the "program part" ....your inbox is in the "profile part"

....as Daniel said ....
My first step would be "In SeaMonkey, have a look at Edit->Mail&Newsgroup Account Settings, then select your Mail Account then have a look at the Local directory folder at the bottom of window. This will tell you where your profile is on your hard drive."

Step Two Make sure all your Windows folders are un-hidden:-

Then close SeaMonkey, and continue as directed by Rob.
There is where we disagree. My inbox was indeed in a file called Mozilla.org. there is absolutely no question about that.