On 20 May, 00:51, "Roger Fink" <f...@manana.org> wrote:
> Frank Booth Snr wrote:
> > On 18 May, 00:15, robert.ga...@att.net wrote:
> >> Frank Booth Snr wrote:
> >>> Recently I have found I can no longer use SeaMonkey with Google
> >>> Maps. The map won't open up properly, and all links or any mouse
> >>> dragging do not work either
> >>> I've never had a problem previously, and the page seems to be ok
> >>> when used with IE browser. I've fkushed the cache and removed
> >>> cookies but to no avail. Any ideas please?
> >> It works for me with SeaMonkey 1.1.16 so you might want to update
> >> your version.
> >> If you ware using dial-up as I am, it takes a LONG time for the maps
> >> to load. Until loading is finished, dragging is not possible and the
> >> pointer is an arrow not a hand.
> > I also use dialup so Iknow ir takes a while. I've tried other maps
> > (not Google ones) and it's the same problem. The maps start to load or
> > even look fully loaded then the loading stops. I've also noticed that
> > with Seamonkey if I try to post on usenet the verification character
> > box does not appear either, so cannot post on this browser any longer.
> > Something is blocking a few sites, though nearly all sites work fine.
> > I've trawled through Edit/Otrefs but cannot find anything ubusual.
> FWIW Google Maps is "broken" in my version of SeaMonkey as well (1.1.9). SM
> is still my default browser, but I downloaded Firefox 3.x for applications
> that don't don't work in SM, and haven't had a problem. Hopefully SM v.2
> will fix things. There definitely is a problem there, IMO.
I've cracked it now. It appears to have been caused by Zone Alarm's
Spyblocker. Having removed this from my PC all seems to be working
fine. Perhaps though this indicates there is a 'spyware' problem with
Google and YouTube and few other websites which is a worry.
support-seamonkey mailing list