Keith Whaley wrote:
David Wilkinson wrote:
In newsgroups (in threaded view), the icon with green arrow that indicates that there are unread items in a thread is barely distinguishable from the one for threads with no unread items. The problem is that the green arrow is superposed on the icon.

In SM1.x the green arrow is much more visible because it appears below the icon (and is in brighter green also).

Is it just my (old) eyes?

Nobody else bothered by this?

Not particularly.
When a message is unread in a thread, in addition to the green arrow the Subject title is changed to a Bold font, further emphasizing the unread status.

BTW, I use SM 1.1.16, and (assuming that is included in your "SM1.x" category) the green arrow does not appear below the message thread icon. It's superimposed.

Keith:

Ah yes, in the "Modern" theme you are correct; the icon is more like the one in SM2 (but slightly more readable). I use the "Classic" theme, which I prefer, which has the green arrow below.

AFAICT, in the SM2 Alpha 3 there is no ability to change the theme. Will that change in the final release?

Yes, I am using SM 1.16 also. Actually, a post is bold when the post itself is unread. It is underlined if (a) the thread is not expanded, (b) the post itself is read and (c) there are unread responses.

Maybe I have to start looking for the underline rather than the green arrow. But old habits die hard.

--
David Wilkinson