Lance Courtland wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
I've been reading good things here about AdBlock Plus, and I'm running SeaMonkey 1.1.16, so I suppose I could download and install it, but I've also read that important improvements will not be made until SM 2 is finally released.

What's the advice, on this -- should I install now and upgrade later, or wait? I'm REALLY fed up with all the crap coming through my Internet connection, and I miss the ad blocker I used to have before Norton did away with it. ;-)

TIA

Install it NOW!

I've been using it for a long time and it is such a relief when browsing. Like taking a pebble out of your shoe on a 5 mile hike.

OK, thanks for the positive review, but that wasn't really my question.

I was trying to get at whether I would be locking myself into a version that wouldn't work with SM 2, so I'd have to uninstall and reinstall, or whether the transition would be relatively easy.

I tried to search old messages using Tools | Search Messages... for posts here with "AdBlock" in the subject line, but I got this error message:

A News (NNTP) error occurred: syntax error or unknown command

I remember seeing some posts from the author, but I can't remember his name....

Paul B. Gallagher