stan schrieb:
Using 1.1.16.  I  go into Preferences within Mail and News. Click Mail
and Newgroups. The options for making SeaMonkey the defaults for mail
and news are not checked. I check them and click on OK. It hangs and
have to shut down.

I am using my new Acer computer, 64 bit, Vista.

Stan

Have you tried running SM as with administrative rights? (Being an administrator is not enough on Vista and above. Right-click on the shortcut => ...)

SM1 is known to have trouble on 64bit Vista/Win7 afaik.
If the hint mentioned above doesn't work, you might want to have a look at the current SM2.0 alpha.
regards

Martin