CatThief wrote:
stan wrote the following on 06-17-2009 5:18 PM:

I use Fototime/Fotoalbum. Just switched to a new computer (64 bit) and Vista. In the past, when I logged on Fototime or accessed it via Fotoalbum which logged me, Fototime opened in SM browser. Now, it is opening in IE.

I have interacted with Fototime support and not been able to solve the problem. Their support people tell me they are using the following to open the default browser:

ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "http://www.fototime.com";, NULL, NULL,
SW_SHOWNORMAL);

They also refer me to this document which explains further:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224816

Anyone understand all this well enough to know why it is invoking IE instead of SM? Seems like it might be a Vista or 64 bit problem.

Thanks
Stan

Did you try using SeaMonkey to set itself as your default browser?
Preferences > Browser > Default Browser > click on the button labeled "Set Default Browser".

THAT is not going to work. IE8 insinuates itself into the windows registry in brand new ways. SM apparently does not know how to undo those connections.