Rick Merrill wrote:

CatThief wrote:

Did you try using SeaMonkey to set itself as your default browser?
Preferences > Browser > Default Browser > click on the button labeled "Set Default Browser".

THAT is not going to work. IE8 insinuates itself into the windows registry in brand new ways. SM apparently does not know how to undo those connections.

Don't know about Vista, but on my XP machines I've never had any difficulty setting Mozilla or SeaMonkey as the default browser and mail program.

That doesn't mean every Windows and Office update doesn't steal the setting. But I've never had any difficulty setting it back.

Paul B. Gallagher