Daniel schrieb:
MalcolmO wrote:
I was surprised to find that it didn't notify me of a new version and
(optionally) get it and install it for me. I was further surprised to
find that there was no such option anywhere. Am I right about that or
is it hidden somewhere? If not, will we see such a feature at any point?

I don't believe that auto-notification ability was built into SM1,

This is wrong. Weekly and monthly checks are available:
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4042/sm1updates.png

with the majority of work now going into SM2, I don't believe the
auto-download will ever make it into SM1

This is right. SM1 only leads to the Download page and one has to download the new version manually. But as stated above, the notification is there and it leads directly to the corresponding Seamonkey website. :-)
regards

Martin