On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:05:54 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Jim S wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:34:10 -0700 (PDT), Jimmy Lee wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all. I am a SeaMonkey user since day 1.  Just recently started
>>> biting me in the buttocks with v2.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to go back to version 1.x of SeaMonkey? I upgraded to
>>> v2 but it is just not working for me.  Constant crashes and I push the
>>> button to report it.  The email notifies me of new mail, but won't
>>> raise the window to the top when I click on the new mail
>>> notification.  The columns available in mail are not customizable as
>>> before. I can't see the size or account for emails in the Global
>>> Inbox.  I was trying to live with these shortcomings as I thought new
>>> releases would come faster.  Great product, but I prefer the stability
>>> of the 1.x version even if it isn't all I want.  Can I go back to 1.x?
>>> Any data that needs to converted from 2.x format back to 1.x format?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> I just uninstalled v2 and installed 1.1.16. It picked up theold  stuff from
>> the profile ok.
>
> You mean it picked stuff from the old profile, I assume. Stuff you changed
> will
> be lost (or at least mine were).

Ay!

Personally I'm a bit schizoid about the whole FF/ SM thing.
I cannot see the difference between the FF/Tbird combination and SM on its
own yet I know that if  SM worked as well as the FF/TB combination I would
opt for SM. However even though SM will by definition always lag behind I
cannot resist playing with it, but I did find V2 a step too far as it
currently stands.
--
Jim S
        Tyneside UK