On Jul 8, 3:52 pm, Jim S <j...@jimxscott.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:05:54 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > Jim S wrote:

> >> I just uninstalled v2 and installed 1.1.16. It picked up theold  stuff from
> >> the profile ok.
>
> > You mean it picked stuff from the old profile, I assume. Stuff you changed
> > will
> > be lost (or at least mine were).
>
> Ay!
>
> Personally I'm a bit schizoid about the whole FF/ SM thing.
> I cannot see the difference between the FF/Tbird combination and SM on its
> own yet I know that if  SM worked as well as the FF/TB combination I would
> opt for SM. However even though SM will by definition always lag behind I
> cannot resist playing with it, but I did find V2 a step too far as it
> currently stands.
> --
> Jim S
>         Tyneside UK
>      www.jimscott.co.uk

I will try the next release of V2. For now, V1 does enough. I miss the
tabs automatically reloading on the next startup, but I can live
without it for now.  What's weird now is clicking on links in emails
will not automatically raise SeaMonkey to the top. I can live with
that too. Also, going back to v1 meant recreating any new message
filters and accounts that had been created in V2. I love the product
regardless! I am impressed that V2 didn't destroy what V1 already had
in place. If other products in Alpha could get that concept down the
world would be a much better place! Thanks and keep up the good work
guys.