On Jul 11, 7:03 pm, Chris Ilias <n...@ilias.ca> wrote:
> On 11/07/09 6:06 PM, Morton wrote:
>
> > A so-called computer tech savaged my newer laptop, and I am trying to
> > put the pieces together. I have many of my e-mail addresses in my older
> > laptop, SeaMonkey of course. i tried to drag the address book listings
> > to my CD burner and burn a CD-R, to transfer to my newer laptop. It did
> > not work,as the address book is apparently not draggable.
>
> > Does anyone know the file name of the address book in SeaMonkey? I
> > thought that if I knew the file name, I could try and gat that file into
> > my CD-R software. I hesitate to use USB cables to transfer everything.
>
> > Any help, or any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.
>
> abook.mab
> See <http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#transferring_addresses>
>
> --
> Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
> Keeper of the Knowledge Base: <https://support.mozilla.com/kb/>

Hi Chris,
Thanks a lot for the help. I found that my address book is in fact on
my loused-up laptop's hard drive, but I can only find it in narrative
form. I would like to get all the addresses back into my SeaMonkey
address book folder, but cannot figure out how to do it.  As they are
now, they are almost useless. Any further help would be gratefully
received.
Mort