On 07/16/2009 05:48 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 7/16/2009 2:34 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> Paul Hartman wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Paul B. Gallagher
>>
>> <http://rodviewer.montcopa.org/countyweb/login.jsp?countyname=Montgomery>
>> <http://propertyrecords.montcopa.org/Search/SalesSearch.aspx?mode=sales>
>>
>>> I would rather be right than popular :)
>>
>> Be careful what you wish for. ;-)
>>

> The original post in this thread cited a Web page for a California state
> agency.  California law requires state Web pages be accessible to the
> handicapped.  In California, counties are considered agents of the state
> (unlike cities, which are governments distinct from the state).  Thus,
> the law might also apply to counties.   A page that can be viewed only
> with IE might violate that law as it is unlikely it can be rendered
> properly by an audio browser.

The page can be viewed with multiple browsers (as I've previously
mentioned). Further it can also be easily viewed even with SM 1.1.17 if
you use View|Use Style|None. There has been no mention of an 'audio
browser' in reference to the site or the subject: "Some web pages not
showing up right", so I'd recommend trying the site using an "audio
browser" to test it for accessability issues & then bring that up to the
State of California, and a *new thread* if you wish. In that pursuit,
this might be of interest/help:
http://www.reportingtransparency.ca.gov/accessibility.html