Martin Feitag wrote:

I've never seen a major website which causes problems for Seamonkey
1.1.x _without_ having fatal errors.

Well, I guess there's a philosophical question here -- are we attorneys or are we programmers?

The sticklers are right, of course, to say that these pages are chock-full of errors. But end users don't care if you're right, they want to see the content. So if they have to choose between a program that displays a reasonable facsimile of the author's intent and one that displays hash, they'll choose the program that shows the content.

So would you rather be right, or would you rather be popular?

In an ideal world, I'd like to see SeaMonkey show a disclaimer (the way it does in the mail app when it blocks remote content) saying something along the lines that "this page contains fatal errors in its coding, but we've done the best we could to divine what the designer wanted, and we're showing you that but we might've guessed wrong." ;-)

Paul B. Gallagher