On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM, NoOp<gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:
> On 07/14/2009 07:55 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 7/14/2009 6:58 AM, J G wrote:
>>> several times I have noticed that a web page will not display on
>>> SeaMonkey1.1.17 but it is a good looking web page on Mozilla Firefox
>>> and the virus magnet MicroBsoft IE. The following link is an example.
>>> https://wp11.calhfa.ca.gov/ApprovedLenders/Default.aspx
>>>
>>> How can one fix SeaMonkey to make this type of problem go away.
>>
>> I strongly suspect that SeaMonkey is not broken and therefore requires
>> no fix.  The page has 50 XHTML errors and 3 CSS errors.  Until those
>> errors are corrected, you should suspect them to be the cause of your
>> problem.
>
> It displays nicely in SeaMonkey 2.0b1pre & FireFox 3.5, is totally
> wacked in 1.1.17, a little flat but ok in Opera, and nicely in Epiphany
> (Gnome Web Browser 2.26.1 which uses gecko-1.9 - see
> http://projects.gnome.org/epiphany/). So I reckon that 1.1.17 is broken
> & recall a bug to this effect but can't put my finger on it just now. I
> think it had something to do with css style handling.

I have previously seen the same apparent problem on tigerdirect.com
where the main body of the page is off to the right of the screen for
some reason, and it only happened in SeaMonkey. (that site seems to be
okay now, though)

The ca.gov site from OP's problem does, however, have terribly mangled
XHTML (including two closing body tags and many improperly nested
tags, among other things). It would be interesting to see if the page
still exhibited problems after being fixed.