On 2009/07/29 23:46 (GMT+0200) Jens Hatlak composed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> For more than 6 months now the SM devel versions have used places.sqlite
>> instead of bookmarks.html.

> Wrong, SM trunk is using Places only for history (and consequently for
> the location bar). The bookmarks backend has not changed and will not
> change for SM 2.0. Beyond that the bets are off.

I knew it was using the file, but didn't know about the separation of
possible components and retention of use of bookmarks.html, so thanks for
explaining.

I also seem to have found a solution for the original issue regarding FF: put
'user_pref("browser.places.importBookmarksHTML", true);' in user.js (which I
found in bug 385077).
--
No Jesus - No peace , Know Jesus -  Know Peace

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/