Paul Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Rachel<rachel...@tiscali.co.uk>  wrote:
I'm new to Seamonkey so I'm still finding my way around although I have
migrated from Thunderbird.

Can anybody explain the purpose of the Go Forward and Go Back buttons on the
Mail&  Newsgroups toolbar? They seem to be greyed out most of the time. As
navigational aids they don't seem to be of much use.

Rachel
I don't have those buttons... I'm using Seamonkey 1.1.17 and the Modern theme.
Thanks for your response Paul. I've jumped in at the deep end and started with the Beta 2.0b1 version. I use the Modern theme as well. I thought that these buttons would enable one to navigate through the messages in the mail box but they only seem to be active when the mail is unread.

Another question on the same lines ... when I have read the last "unread" mail item, pressing the "move to the next unread message" button doesn't do anything. I'm sure that in Thunderbird. It closed the mail item window leaving one in the current mail box folder..

Rachel