On 08/06/09 01:17, Ray_Net wrote:
> Paul Hartman wrote:

>>> Cheers - this has brought my new account to the top, but for some reason
>>> Bigfoot has dropped down to the next to bottom.
>>>
>>> I could understand it if it was next to top or indeed replaced the new one
>>> at the bottom or indeed if everything other than the first one ended up in
>>> alphabetical order.
>>>
>>> I think that I will have a go at setting different ones as the default and
>>> seeing what happens to the order.  I wonder if I could copyright this as a
>>> new game to replace rubics cube?
>>
>> Sounds more like Tower of Hanoi to me... :)
>
> IMHO - No, it's trivial :-) hum hum
>
> You have to fiddle inside the C:\Documents and
> Settings\[User-Name]\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gt6bfqi6.slt\prefs.js when SM is not running.
>
> (take a copy of your profile before)
>
> Exchanging:
> all entries
> "user_pref("mail.account.account1.xxx..."
> with the one you want.
> The same thing for all entries likes:
> "user_pref("mail.identity.id1.xxx..."
> and:
> "user_pref("mail.server.server1.xxx..."
>
> Be aware that this file begins with:
> /* Do not edit this file.
>
> You must examine carefully the changes you will make to fullfill your
> expectation.
>
> I hope that's the only place to modify ...

Well, I think it's easier than that :-)

Once you find your profile, locate the following entry in the prefs.js
file:

user_pref("mail.accountmanager.accounts", "account1,account2,account3,...");

Just determine which account each "account1", "account2", etc. is for, and
order them in this line to your liking.

For example, if you search the file for "account1", you'll find it's
associated with a "server" entry ("server1", "server2", etc.). Then just
search the file for the server entry, and you will find it is associated
with a .name entry (among other information) which will help you see
which account it is.

Best of luck.