On 8/30/2009 7:54 AM PT, Paul B. Gallagher typed:

On 8/29/2009 8:13 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
My ISP sent me a note saying that I have been online too much.

They tell me that even though I have "Unlimited Time" that I have limited time....(?)

8- 10 hours / day limit for residential use.

OK

Is there a freebie (Freeware) plug in that will add up the time I am
using SeaMonkey "Online" so that I can keep an eye on this thing?

Most DSL or Cable folk are probably amused by this.

I have dial-up, so whatever time I am online - is, of necessity, longer
than DSL or Cable folk need.

Any help would be appreciated.

DoctorBill

SeaMonkey would not be able to account for time when SeaMonkey is not
running.  I generally start SeaMonkey only if I intend to surf the Web.

Have you thought of changing your ISP?  I too am on dial-up, and my ISP
sets no such limits.

Nor mine. I have a satellite connection, but for times when it's down I have an emergency dial-up connection and they have never complained if I left it connected for 24 hours or more.

I'd be inclined to ask your ISP, "what part of 'unlimited' don't you understand?" ;-)

EarthLink's unlimited dial-up service disconnects every 12 hours so one can't stay connected more than 12 hours straight. It used to be 24 and none years ago. Lame. Good thing I rarely use dial-up.
--
"Don't even step on an ant." --Greek
   /\___/\