Claus wrote:
Hi, I have just installed SeaMonkey 2.0. Unfortunately, the
installation deleted ALL my previous e-mails. I have been using
SeaMonkey 1.1.18, had configured three different e-mail accounts with
a total amount of about 5GB of e-mails. SeaMonkey 2.0 literally
deleted the first account (the respective directory on the HD is
really empty) whilst the mails for the second and third account are
still in their respective directories on the HD, but are not
visualized in their inboxes of the new version of SeaMonkey. All three
accounts were identically configured (POP3) and connected to the same
e-mail server. I can download and send new e-mails, but have lost
access to all my previous mails.

Mozilla should inform their users that they risk loosing their
existing e-mails when they install SeaMonkey 2.0. This is horrible and
I hope that I can recover my lost e-mails from a second copy on
another PC. Do you have any suggestions how to import inboxes from the
previous version? Is there any way to get access to the existing
inboxes created by SeaMonkey 1.1.18 on the same PC which are still on
the hard disk but do not appear in the new inboxes?

Thanks for your help!

Okay, you do realize that SeaMonkey 2.0 has a different profile location then 1.1.x? The profile transfer wizard usually does a very good job of copying the files, however you do have an unusually large am mount of email to be transferred. I suspect that the tranfer wizard may not have been able to handle that large an amount in your main email account.

The original profile is left intact. If I am reading you correctly, your should be able to transfer the files from the old profile to the new profile manually.

Give a little more information. Did the profile wizard seem to complete properly? Is your first account listed as an account, with blank folders, or is it not listed at all. Did you uninstall the old version? If you did not, open it and verify that your mail is still there (it will be).

If SM 2.0 does not show your first account, create it in the Account wizard. Do not allow it to download any mail yet.

Once the account is created, close SeaMonkey. Navigate to your original profile folder:

C:\\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.slt

In the Mail subfolder, find the flder associated with your first account, which will be named for the POP server. Copy the whole folder.

Go to your new profile location:

C:\\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles

There should be a folder called xxxxxxxx.default, your new profile. Open that, open the mail subfolder, and paste in the copied folder, allowing to overwrite the existing (empty) folder that is there.

Open SeaMonkey, and your mail should be restored. Repeat as needed for the other accounts. If they are showing as accounts, you can probably just copy their folders over from the Mail folder in the old profile to the Mail folder in the new.

Lee