Claus wrote:
Hi, I have just installed SeaMonkey 2.0. Unfortunately, the
installation deleted ALL my previous e-mails. I have been using
SeaMonkey 1.1.18, had configured three different e-mail accounts with
a total amount of about 5GB of e-mails. SeaMonkey 2.0 literally
deleted the first account (the respective directory on the HD is
really empty) whilst the mails for the second and third account are
still in their respective directories on the HD, but are not
visualized in their inboxes of the new version of SeaMonkey. All three
accounts were identically configured (POP3) and connected to the same
e-mail server. I can download and send new e-mails, but have lost
access to all my previous mails.

Mozilla should inform their users that they risk loosing their
existing e-mails when they install SeaMonkey 2.0. This is horrible and
I hope that I can recover my lost e-mails from a second copy on
another PC. Do you have any suggestions how to import inboxes from the
previous version? Is there any way to get access to the existing
inboxes created by SeaMonkey 1.1.18 on the same PC which are still on
the hard disk but do not appear in the new inboxes?

Different experience here. The original profile is intact
and the upgrade successfully created a new one and all
accounts, folders, messages and contacts migrated without
any problem.

--
Jordon