NoOp:
> On 11/01/2009 04:12 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:

>> Well, using the MIDF
>
>Obviously you are not from Malaysia :-)
>http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/MIDF

:-P http://messageidfinder.mozdev.org/

But this one will not work on SM2. I had to fix it for my personal
needs. And there will be no official new version AFAIK. The
functionality may be transferred to a future version of Mnenhy, though.

Here is a screenshot of the menu of the MIDF.
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/mi091018.png (34 KB)

>it's Message-ID (according to the header), as in Message-ID:
><4aee23d7.2050...@hfigge.myfqdn.de> The link works, but it's really a
>post on news://de.comm.software.mozilla.nightly-builds/

Right.

>and why assume anyone uses google group eh?

You have to have a method of finding this posting using the MID. One
possibility is the advanced search of Google.

A better one is to interrogate a newsserver directly. Sometimes Google
fails to find a posting.

>> The MIDF is one of two add-ons i cannot live without. The other one
>> is Mnenhy. *g*
>
>Never used Mnenhy. But simply posting a 'Message-ID' in a bug report
>probably isn't going to get much mileage.

Mhm, i felt responsible to add some comment ...

>My suggestion would be to  be less lazy (:-))

... but there is this point. *g*

> and: 1) post a link to the msg as you've done above,

The result would still point to a text in German.

>and/or 2) just post what you are talking about.

Much could be done better. More investigation, determining the time
frame, providing a patch.

But luckily i am only a user and not a devel. So i can stay with
Wizardry 7, at the moment. :)

Hartmut