norm wrote:
Bush wrote:
Lee wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

I have an AT&T WorldNet account (same company, different product)
configured on port 995 as it has been for years, and it is unaffected. I
can send and receive mail normally, no complaints.

SM 1.1.16.

Hi Paul

Well I have to SM 2.0 and previously reported on problems with my mail
program and again this morning it started up again not connecting to
my AT&T ISP. Sure enough I checked my setting and under Server
Settings connection setting showed SSL/TL and I have not done anything
to change it that I know of. Reset it to none and it connected
immediately so that leads me to believe for some reason it is resetting
itself thereby causing my problems connecting for mail. The newsgroups
though are OK.

Just thought I would pass it on in case others might have the same
problem.

AMEN!!! The same happened to me , But With 4 computers thru the gatway and ONE wireless.
Had to turn off SSL as I stated .
About a year ago Att sent emails telling us to Change to port 995 or we would not be able to Get e-mail after a Certain Date, Now they Tell us to Use port 110 with NO SSL . Server is POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM . The Outgoing Server is Still ssl port 465 . Smtp.Att.yahoo.com.

 Computer #1   Seamonkey 2.0
 #2       Seamonkey  1.1.18
  #3      seamonkey   1.1.17
  #4      Seamonkey   2.0
  #5 Wireless   Seamonkey 2.0

And as posted above All e-mails Worked Fine till Yesterday .

Tech Support Guy ( Thru Supervisor) Said No Support Except for OUTLOOK . Then asked me if he could help me with Anything Else .. i Said Yes ... Then told him HOW DO I DISCONNECT FROM ATT and setup a New ISP ...

 He Hung up the phone .

I am having the same issue with firefox on linux. Changing to port 110 allows connection. Stupid.

Meant thunderbird, not firefox, when posting earlier about my issue.

--
norm