S. Beaulieu wrote:
Phillip Jones a écrit :
no really true forms manager built in.

That seems to be a feature people liked that not discontinued. I won't
deny it's frustrating when it's something one uses constantly. That
being said, considering the number of times it's been mentioned, either
they'll re-add in a later version or someone will create an add-on for it.

Doesn't make SM2.0 a beta.

Newsgroup post that suddenly mark themselves as read but you even read
the first post, having to constantly rest the the msf files in newsgroups.

I don't have that problem. Newsgroups behave as they should. Maybe some
of your settings are causing this?

Download manger that works but does not activate show up on top as did
in SM 1.1.18

The download manager acts as it should over here. There are some
settings for it in Preferences, so you might want to look into that.

hit either N key or next button while in email or news does go to
Director but does not open first message (I have a bug filled on this)

That I confirm. It's inconvenient, true, but I'd hardly call it a major
bug.

Wasn't in SM 1.1.18 I'd consider it a bug.

Default Theme does not have grippies where you can click and drop to
topic list so you can mass mark as read then click again so you can
reopen the text box to read messages (in Mac version) because designers
wanted to follow to the letter some stupid guideline Apple put out for
look and feel).

Well, then the Apple guideline is to blame, not SM itself.

No the blame is following the guideline to the letter to the point of destroying a useful feature. thing is any add on themes have them. Is Apple jumping up and down. No. what they are more interested in its that items such a File, edit. view, options, tools, window, and help and other items on main menu are in exactly the same place and that the control items on each of the menus are in the exact same Place.

Simple email messages take for ever and a day to load. progress bar
keeps running until I hit reload.
Sending messages Progress bar keeps running then shows message copied
successfully but I have to dismiss the window. Not knowing until it
shows up whether it was sent.

No such problems here.

Didn't show up in SM1.1.18.

This is to name but a few. I could find some others or think of some
others but I don't have time or inclination.

I'm sorry you seem to have such a miserable time of it, but it seems to
be mostly a matter of preference about how things do work versus what
you'd like them to (and I,m wondering if something in your systen or
your settings might not explain some other of the problems you are
experiencing). It doesn't make SM a bad or inadequate product. It more
than mostly works as it should.

It is faster, though

Definitely! That's the first thing I noticed about it. And on my Win2K
P4, it was much appreciated!

S.
I've checked all my settings and they are carbon copies of setting I used in 1.1.18

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com