Leonidas Jones wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 2/12/2009 23:36, John Boyle told the world:
Phillip Jones wrote:
question wrote:
Is 2.0 a beta ?
At this point official no.

To the newsgroup: But from a USERS standpoint, a definite "YES"! :-(

Speaking as someone who had *no* problems at all, whose migration went
flawlessly (despite having a somewhat complex mail setup) and who now
enjoys a lot of stuff that simply wasn't available for the old version,
I have to disagree.

No software *ever* hits the public in a perfect form. Bugs *will* be
found. But calling it a "beta" because of it... well, by that logic,
*all* software is beta.

when we see so much complains .... it would be better to maintain the
beta status some time longer ...

I strongly disagree.

They went through, I think 3 RC's. Versions were tested in house, then went to public alphas, betas, and RCs. The testing showed some major issues, which were corrected. most of the problems we are seeing here are minor, the exceptions being the migration issues, and the form manager.

In my opinion, the migration issues are MAJOR ISSUES ...