My sole complaint about SM 2. is the removal of form manger - my
objections come from two directions:
1) the feature was used by many of us for many years and was somewhat
unique among browsers, and 2)  the removal of a feature is not an
improvement,  and adding insult to injury, some here seem ready to
dismiss those of us who used that function- telling us to make do with
a firefox handme down.
Firefox is nice - I have a copy on one my machines, but if SM's claim
to fame is to be reduced to saying "we"re firefox and thunderbird in
one package", what's the point?

The number of complaints here and other places about the removal of
form manger is just the tip of the iceberg- most don't complaint, they
vote with their feet and go looking for a replacement.

I've said before, but it bears repeating I am very aware of the debt I
owe the unsung heroes who have kept SM going, my rumbling here in no
way reduces that, but at the same time I feel it appropriate to remind
those here that SM IN ITS ORIGINAL concept was part of the true linage
of Netscape and that is its true claim to fame.

Restore form manager ...

isOn Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:35:27 -0500, Phillip Jones