Phillip Jones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:33:15 -0800, Rufus wrote:
...which brings up a good point - the changes in Thunderbird were/are
actually for the better...on all but on point I can think of.

This is surprising since we share the exact same mailnews backend code
as Thunderbird 3.0.

Phil

Yes, but the interface options/functionality between the two is
different - most notably in that I can drag and drop Account/NG order in
TB, and I can't in SM.  And I just discovered that in TB I can open a
tab for each server/subscription if I want, and those tabs don't close
at shutdown and the state is remembered at the next startup - I really
like that.

The only thing I've seen in TB 3.0 that I don't like so far is that the
Attachment icon in the message tray is displayed too small - but that
could be sufficiently addressed by making it scale in accord with the
user set height of the tray.

Function to the user makes all the difference - not so much what's under
the hood.  I'm becoming more inclined to start using TB more.

I can't get them moved around and I have 2.0.1.

That's what I thought, and what I remember for myself too - I can move them around in TB 3.0, but not in any version of SM...which is one more reason for me to like TB 3.0.

--
     - Rufus