I just did this upgrade. It seemed to run OK and all the email and bookmarks from my old profile appear to have been successfully imported. But there are a couple of issues:

1. Every time I start SeaMonkey v2.03, it asks for the master password for the software security device. This is in spite of the fact that in preferences->privacy & security->master passwords I have checked the selection "SeaMonkey will ask for your master password the first time it is needed". Surprisingly, if I click "cancel" on the password dialog box without entering the password, SeaMonkey starts normally. Although I apparently had entered a master password at some point with SeaMonkey v1.18, the program wasn't asking me for it. How do I make v2.03 stop asking me for the password? This is a VERY BIG PROBLEM for me.

2. I have several news server accounts. The first time I started SeaMonkey mail and news v2.03, it seemed to be checking for new messages in every subscribed group on every news server. Actually, I'm not 100% sure *what* it was doing, but it took quite awhile before it would let me actually view messages in newsgroups. Annoying.

3. In general, the new version seems a bit sluggish compared to the old. I thought it was supposed to be faster.

4. Trying to compare settings and behaviors between the two versions, I tried to start both at the same time. It won't let me do that. Whatever version I start first, when I click on the icon for the other version it starts a second instance of the version I have already started.

Thanks!

John

--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my real email in newsgroups to avoid spam.