Thanks again JAS for helping me. It seems that you along with Mark came to my aid only a few days ago.

JAS wrote:
Frog wrote:
I am currently subscribed to three accounts (established when I
purchased my computer).  I would like to subscribe to others such
groups like genealogy, bird watching, traveling, etc,  I don't know
how to access a complete listing of all possible groups that one can
subscribe to.

When I click File (on the SeaMonkey Mail page)>open Subscribe--I can
only see the three Accounts that are currently subscribed to on my
system.  Should I be able to (somehow) access the complete listing
from this window?

Is there some place on the web that will help me with this subject?

Also, I think I will have to establish a new entry in the Mail &
Newsgroups Account Settings for each group I subscribe to--is that
correct?

I know that the answers to my questions are located someplace on the
Internet--but where?

Thanks for any information sent my way on this subject.

Windows XP Pro SP3 -- both SeaMonkey 1.1.18 and 2.0.3

Frog
If you mean the different accounts in news.mozilla.org you can left
click on the Bold name and select "manage subscriptions and then click
on mozilla to see what they have. If you want microsoft sites go to
edit- mail and newsgroups-add new news account- put msnews.microsoft.com
port 119 . You might also look here
http://www.annexcafe.com/ or here http://shrunklink.com/eiay

I understand about subscribing to other Mozilla newsgroups listed under the Mozilla account on my system. I also have an account on my system for Microsoft. Lets say that I wanted to establish an account for genealogy--where do I find server addresses for this subject?

I made a quick review of the two web sites you referenced above. Because of the time (1 AM), I will explore both sites in more depth tomorrow--I'm about to go to sleep.

Frog