Phillip Jones wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:
>>> Tried eternal-September and just timed out. I removed it.
>>
>> Did you get any error messages?  How about some details?
>>
>> I've been using e-s for about two years, and it is rare that it is
>> down. Perhaps you have an incorrect setting, or made a typo in your
>> password.
>>
> No it just kept looking and looking and looking and just timed out. I
> may try again I had it typed in as was in messages here maybe they
> were typed wrong.  Only message came up was *Server timed out*.

You can see the server status at this page, where a green board
indicates it is up and working:
http://www.eternal-september.org/serverstatus.php?language=en

Server settings for your newsreader are here:
http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=techinfo

Check and make sure you've got them (and your password from the email)
set correctly.

--
   -bts