Hartmut Figge wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher:
Hartmut Figge wrote:

I didn't know it but i tried it out after your question. And i don't
understand, why you haven't tried it yourself.
In the absence of some appealing characteristic, I had no good reason to.

You was curious enough to ask. ;)

"Here's a black box, open it and hope you survive." Who knows what it would do? Who knows if there would be a way back?

But ...

My usual routine when receiving an attachment is to save it to the appropriate client directory and work with that copy.

... you can copy an E-Mail with attachment to a temporary folder and try
Detach there. No danger for the original. That's the way i have tested.

It's a matter of curiosity vs. laziness. I wondered about Detach since a
long time but was simply not curious enough to test. Until now. *g*

Accusing him of laziness is unfair.  Getting a description (from
documentation or from someone) is usually a hell of a lot more efficient
(and safe) than having to experiment with a feature.

Daniel